Vegas Strip Blackjack
Vegas Strip Blackjack is one of the numerous variations of Blackjack. It is played with 4 52-card decks, like its classic counterpart.
This is something you need to take into account from the beginning. Indeed, the chances of having such and such deal from the start, and the cards that are drawn as the game unfolds, are modified and must be considered if you want to complete your strategy successfully.
Rules of Vegas Strip Blackjack
What are the main differences between those two ways of playing Blackjack?
- Each player is entitled to receive 11 cards from the croupier.
- The croupier is the first to check if they have a blackjack (they check before all the players around the table).
- The players can buy an insurance, but they must place an amount that is equal to their initial bet.
- As soon as the croupier reaches 17 points, they do not receive any more cards, which means that they will most likely not reach over 21 points. Conversely, if a player has a hand worth 18 points, they are more likely to win the game.
When it comes to bets and winnings
- In case there is a draw, all the bets are given back to the player, even if the croupier and the player have a blackjack.
- When playing Vegas Strip Blackjack, a player wins if their hand is over the croupier's (without exceeding 21, as is the case with classic blackjack).
- With Vegas Strip Blackjack, when a player wins a hand, they win the amount of their initial bet.
What are the rules when it comes to “splitting”?
It is worth noting that cards having the same worth can be split.
Example: A King and a Jack, both worth 10 points, as well as pairs, can be split.
Moreover, if a player has already split their cards, they can split them again in this version of the game. Also, this is possible when a player splits an Ace and then receives a card worth 10 points.
Example: The Queen will give you a 21 and not a blackjack.
What are the rules when it comes to “doubling”?
In this version of blackjack, you can double as soon as your receive the first deal, with your first two cards, and this is the case whatever their face value is.
Be careful though, as you will not be able to double after “splitting”.
The few strategies that can be developed to play and knock the bank out when playing Vegas Strip Blackjack are the same as with classic blackjack, and you really need to take into account the number of cards in the game from the beginning.
It is also important to be a diligent player, to practice and to know the rules of this game like the back of your hand...
It's your turn to play, to become an expert and a winner!